Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SCV-Newhall Optimist Club



I can't believe it...tonight marked exactly one month that I've been Miss California International!! I celebrated by being the guest speaker at the SCV-Newhall Optimist Club. It was held at a wonderful restaurant in Saugus, California. I was provided with 20 minutes to speak about my platform, Heart2Heart, and what I have done to help people who suffer from leukemia and other blood-related cancers. Little did I know that one of the Optimist members in attendance actually has leukemia, and is awaiting a bone marrow transplant...his brother is a perfect match to him. This Optimist member was truly thankful for the strides I had made to add people into Be The Match so that the 70% of patients that rely on Be The Match for a matching donor would have better odds at finding a perfect match. I truly enjoyed tonight, and I want to wish the best of luck to him as he heads into surgery.

No comments: