Friday, April 3, 2009

Greater LA Woman of the Year Finale

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: WOTY Finale
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Tonight was the culmination of my 9 weeks of fundraising for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Finale was held at the California Science Center- Annenberg Building. It was such a gorgeous venue, and really cool to know that it was built out of completely recycled materials!

During the past nine weeks I collected both live and silent auction items to be auctioned off at the Finale, had an email campaign, and then the Miss California International 2009 Golf Ball Drop. All of these contributed to me surpassing my goal!! Thank you to everyone who donated money, their time, or an item. I honestly can't thank you enough!!

My family, Eddie, Dennis, and Shauna joined me in celebrating not only my fundraising efforts, but the work of the other 14 candidates. Together the 15 of us raised over $173,000 during the past 9 weeks. Congratulations to the 2009 Greater LA Man and Woman of the Year winners.....you are both truly an inspiration!

No comments: