Wednesday, October 1, 2008

USO Celebrity Golf Tournament and Web-A-Thon

Click to play USO Web-A-Thon
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


What a beautiful 1st day of October! I had the opportunity today to attend the Celebrity Golf Tournament and 1st ever web-a-thon benefiting the USO! It was held at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The golf course literally sat right above the ocean water, and it was clear, warm day. I was waiting to find where the actual web-a-thon was being held, when I heard someone yell "I want my picture with Miss California!" The golfer took out his own camera and had a friend take a picture of the two of us. I had one taken also because it was JEREMY RACTCHFORD of "Cold Case" which is one of my absolute favorite tv shows! I found it hysterical that he wanted his picture with me, and I was definitely star-struck!

Inside the clubhouse was the web-a-thon. What a cool experience! There was 4 tv cameras there that were rolling, but for the Internet and not tv! I had about a 5 minute chat live on-air and web with the host of the event, radio station KEARTH 101's very own Gary Bryan. After that they let me answer the phone lines for to take pledges! It was so much fun!

Thanks to the USO of Greater Los Angeles for having me, and I hope that the donations you received today exceeded the expectation!!

No comments: