Sunday, March 22, 2009

Golf Ball Drop Update!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Golf Ball Drop
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

(photos by John B. Mueller Photography)
So today was supposed to be Miss California International 2009's Golf Ball Drop, benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Mother nature had a different plan! Although the forecast said possible showers, it was a beautifully sunny day....despite the massive wind storms! Needless to say the helicopter pilot did not think it was safe to go up, which I was thankful for since I didn't want my first time to be my last!!! We did get some fun pictures today though, so I thought I'd share them.

The Golf Ball Drop has been rescheduled for March 31st, with guests arriving at 2 pm and the drop at 3 pm. This means it's not too late to purchase a $20 golf ball, and support LLS! The grand prize is a 3 or 4 day Mexican Riviera cruise, with other prizes such as the rental and 300 miles of a 32' RV, weekend stay at Apple Farms in San Luis Obispo, and a weekend stay at a resort in Cancun....and of course a chance of winning $25,000!!!!

No comments: