Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Miss California International 2009's Golf Ball Drop

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Golf Ball Drop
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

photos provided by: John B. Mueller Photography (Thanks John!!)

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in Ventura County...so much better than the 38 mph winds we had on the original drop day! This was my first time in a helicopter, so I was excited to see the city from a higher viewpoint. Although it's hard to see me in the photos, I am in the front end of the helicopter! We dropped 375 golf balls onto the golf course, so it definitely looked like a waterfall of golf balls. Although I was bummed we had to wait a week, it was definitely worth it.

Thank you so much to the Optimist Club of Simi Valley for their support and efforts. Also a huge thank you to River Ridge Golf Club for providing a stunning venue, and thanks to Aspen Helicopters for making sure it was a safe trip for me :) Thank you to AAA Club for their wonderful prize donations, they were wonderful. Thank you to John B. Mueller Photography for getting such amazing shots of my event. I'd also like to thank everyone who purchased golf balls to support The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through my Woman of the Year Campaign. Each of you participated in helping to find a cure for blood cancers...and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: