Monday, April 27, 2009

Reach for the Stars

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Reach for the Stars
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

This weekend I traveled to Fresno, CA to be a part of the Reach for the Stars program. This was such an inspirational event that every year the California International girls have gone to, and I was so thrilled that I finally got to go myself!!

I was joined by my sister queens Sheryl and Elise, and it was so much fun to have an event where we got to spend so much time together! We were invited to a sponsored dinner Sunday night, where we were dazzled with local food and entertainment and really got a chance to unwind after the long drive. Then we woke up bright and early Monday morning for a Fox TV interview, where we talked about our platforms and how our year as the California International queens has been so far. We spent the rest of the early morning visiting the program sponsors, which was a lot of fun. Just before lunch we finally arrived at the middle school. Reach for the Stars is a program at Tahipiti Middle School that encourages the children to pursue their dreams, education, and follow in the footsteps of their favorite stars. Sheryl, Elise, and I had a wonderful time talking about community service and spending time with the kids. Thank you so much to Ron for inviting me to such a unique event!

No comments: