Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ventura County Go Red Luncheon

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Ventura GRFW
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

Today was the Ventura County Go Red For Women Luncheon, held at the Westlake Village Inn. Although I had school today and couldn't attend the actual luncheon, I arrived eaerly in the morning to help with set up. What a beautiful venue! The luncheon overlooked the gorgeous golf course greens, complete with a huge fountain and lush gardens. Today was also special to me because I was asked to be a part of the Ventura County Heart Gallery. My photo and heart survivor story were put on a poster and was put up for display along with 9 others at the luncheon. Not only that, by it will be traveling throughout Ventura County at health fairs, luncheons, and walks for the year. I thought it was so exciting to be asked to be a part of this, and truly an honor. Thank you so much to Go Red for asking me to be a "heart survivor", and for inviting me to the luncheon today!

No comments: