Saturday, June 27, 2009

Marrow Donor Drive





Just a few months ago I was put in contact with a young woman in Arlington, VA who was interested in holding a marrow donor drive. Her sister, who is currently undergoing treatment for leukemia, actually lives here in Southern California! I was so excited at the thought that Heart2Heart could hold it's first marrow donor drive outside of California, that I jumped at the opportunity.

After a LOOOOONG (did I mention delayed?!) flight to the East coast last night, I was ready for Heart2Heart's drive this morning. We had a wonderful turn-out, and Be The Match registry will be receiving quite a few new and willing donors. I had such a fantastic time chatting with Sara and Emily, who helped put the drive together, that the day just flew by. But of course the day didn't end there! Sara and her frieds were so sweet...they volunteered to show me around the DC area....I love being a tourist!

Thank you so much to Sara, her friends and family, and Be The Match registry for making today so successful. After today's drive I am confident that many more chances like this will become available for Heart2Heart...I just know it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.