Saturday, August 9, 2008

First post....Preliminary Competitions at the California International Pageants!!

Click to play Prelim Show and Dinner!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

(click above to see Hilary Gushwa's slideshow from the California International pageant weekend!)

Welcome to my blog!!! I guess a great place to start my blogging adventure is the weekend of the California International Pageants. What an amazing group of ladies that were competing for the Jr Miss, Teen, Miss, and Mrs titles! I felt so lucky to be surrounded by positive, ambitious, genuine women. I really enjoyed my time with so many of the contestants....Miss LA County and Miss Santa Clara kept me laughing the entire weekend! :)

Pageant weekend kicked off on Friday morning with a wonderful breakfast, where we had the opportunity to mingle and hear what was in store for us for the weekend. The off to rehearsal where we found out we would be walking a 36 foot runway!! I was so excited!!! Friday night I competed in the Fun Fashion category. We did a "runway" segment at the end of the show for GO RED to show our support to women who are fighting heart disease.

Saturday was an early morning, starting with rehearsals. I had my private one-on-one interview with the judges early afternoon, and that night I competed in Fitness Wear and Evening Gown. Then it was time to celebrate! We had a delicious Awards Dinner. To my surprise I won Miss Photogenic, Miss Community Service, and the Preliminary Evening Gown Award. I also won the Become "What Makes Me Beautiful Inside and Out" Essay.....which was accompanied with a $625 cash scholarship! Thank you so much again to Become for choosing my essay....I was psyched!

No comments: