Thursday, August 21, 2008

Optimist "Spirit of Community Award"

Click to play Simi Optimist Club
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


Today I was off to an early start! At 7 am this morning I was the speaker and guest of honor at the Simi Valley Optimist Club. I had the opportunity to talk about my platform, Heart2Heart, and share my story of how I became involved in Leukemia Awareness. I also shared about the International pageant system and how it really promotes making a difference in your community and beyond. I also learned a great deal about the Optimist Club, and how they are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children. I found the "Optimist Creed" to be quite uplifting, so I wanted to share a couple of the items they strive for:

*To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true
*To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own
*To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future
(and my favorite) *To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile

Aren't those cool?? You can read the rest on one of the photos I've posted.

Then, to my surprise, I was given an award after my speech! I was honored with the first ever "Spirit of Community Award" for making a difference through Heart2Heart. Thank you so much to the Simi Valley Optimist Club for having me. What an amazing day!

No comments: